Genus of over 100 species of flowering, evergreen and deciduous shrubs. They feature simple, opposite leaves and exquisite, eardrop-shaped flowers, borne from late spring to autumn. For practical reasons and according to their bloom form, fuchsias are divided into 5 groupings:
Latin name: Fuchsia "Jeokual 103"
1) Varieties with single, pendulous flowers
2) Varieties with semi-double, pendulous flowers
3) Varieties with double, pendulous flowers
4) Varieties with trifoliate, pendulous flowers
5) Varieties with upright flowers
Plant fuchsias in full sun or partial shade, in frost-protected sites and in fertile, well-drained soils.
Used mostly in flowerpots.
Propagate throughout the growth period by softwood or semi-hardwood cuttings using mist propagation with bottom heat.
Prune hard, 10-15 cm (4-6 inches) above ground, in winter and use a protective mulch (e.g straw).
Green leaves and single, pendent, red flowers with pink sepals.